Baltics - 22 June 2012 (1)

Return to Tallinn

Got up at 06.10 and we set off at 09.00.  I had done another major case repack, so I couldn’t get my journal up to date until we were on the bus.

Kuivastu
I was still writing when we got to the ferry.  I couldn’t believe how quickly we had reached Kuivastu.  Once again we were in time for an earlier ferry than the one we were booked on.  There was hardly anyone waiting and the ferry was lying empty.  We walked around for a bit.

Black-headed Gull
A girl in the car next to us was throwing bread to a gull.  He had a very full crop and wouldn’t let anyone frighten him off his prize.

Car Deck on Ferry to Virtsu
As we drove onto the boat, we realised that Craig was missing.  We were relieved to see him there to welcome us at the top of the stairs as we came on board.

Martin Flying Alongside Ferry
This time, I could only see one martin nesting in the front of the boat.  I think others had nests on the car deck as we were accompanied by a squadron of them.  I tried to get a photo of one as it matched our speed, but they almost always seemed to dart off after an insect just as I was about to press the button.

Wind Turbines Near Virtsu
It was soon time to get back on the bus and I resumed my journal writing.  Aija tried to teach us a folk song, with no luck, and then ran through what we had seen during the holiday.  We had certainly done a lot.

Dzintars by the Bus
We were staying in the Park Inn in Tallinn again.  Before we got off the bus, Harry gave Dzintars his tip.  I tried to say “thank you” and “goodbye” in Latvian to him as I got off.  Aija had been teaching them to us earlier, but I am sure I got it wrong.

No response to “Baltics - 22 June 2012 (1)”

Post a Comment