Libya - 3 October 2010 (2)

After a rest in the room, I felt a bit better and set off to buy some water.  Just before breakfast, I had seen Vic returning from a foray to the shops, armed with several bottles of cheap water, so I knew there was a shop nearby.  Most of the shops in the streets around our hotel seemed to be selling clothes, with no sign of anywhere selling water.  As I headed back to the hotel, I turned a corner and stumbled on a chemist so decided to get something for my prickly heat.  As in Tunisia, the pharmacist was a woman.  Before I reached the hotel, I found a café bar, selling water for D0.50, so I stocked up.  I think this was where Vic had been because it was very close to the hotel.

I spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping and reading in the hotel.  Caroline did not get back until 18.00.  She had been exploring with Vic and had got a bit lost.  Eventually they had given up trying to find the hotel and had got a taxi, but the taxi driver could not find it and had to ask several times.  I guess I was really lucky with my taxi driver earlier.  Caroline and Heuly had bought some umbrellas to keep off the sun.  The only ones on sale had ears and eyes, but they were better than nothing.  Caroline’s was blue and Heuly’s was yellow.

By now, I was starting to feel very achy and shivery, so I stayed in the room and slept when Caroline went off for dinner.  When she got back she said that another mystery meal had appeared on the bill, just like the night before.  Neither of us had a good night’s sleep as the air conditioning was noisy and we got too cold.  When we turned it off, the room got too hot.  I took two immodium tablets to try to get my tummy to settle.

No response to “Libya - 3 October 2010 (2)”

Post a Comment