Barcelona - 22 September 2011 (3)

Son et Lumiere

Son et Lumiere
There were crowds of people standing by the fountains and, as we walked towards them, the fountains began to dance and change colour to music.  The signs had said that this son et lumiere only played on Sundays, but I guess this was special due to the fiesta.  We watched the fountains until the music stopped and, despite our late arrival, were able to get a good place to stand.

Sagrada Familia
Torre AGBAR
Then we made our way up the hill and went to look at the view.  The Sagrada Familia and the Torre AGBAR were a bit too far away to get good photos, but we could see them lit up.  The scaffolding on the cathedral didn’t help as it made the Sagrada Familia look a bit fuzzy.

Son et Lumiere
I went to put my camera back in my rucksack and discovered that someone had kindly unzipped both compartments.  The only thing of value I had been carrying in my rucksack was the camera, so the potential thief must have been very disappointed.  My address book, mum’s door keys and reading glasses were all present and correct, so nothing was lost.

The son et lumiere resumed while we were up top, so we went back down again.  Then we walked back to the Metro and returned to our hotel.  There was no music in the square and it all seemed a bit too quiet for a fiesta – certainly nothing like the one I had found myself in in Grenada.  I slept really well, but my mum said there had been a lot of noise outside until about 0200.

No response to “Barcelona - 22 September 2011 (3)”

Post a Comment