Tunisia - 26 September 2010 (4)

We got back on the bus at 16.00 and headed for El Kef.  I slept all the way.

One of my feathered friends
Our hotel – the Hotel des Pins – was so much nicer than the one in Tunis, but it was quite a way outside town.  It was built on a spiral so we went down and round to our rooms.  The spiral continued down to a central courtyard with a swimming pool.  Just beyond reception there were several cages of canaries and I amused myself by getting them to chirp.

We were taken to a restaurant in town where we were given a very large set meal.  Most of the restaurants on the trip wanted to give us set meals, but no one really wants to eat that much every time.  It was made even more difficult for Caroline and I who were vegetarians.  This evening our first course was a salad, but I thought I detected a tuna taste, as if someone had removed the fish from the plate before serving.  Worse, I was convinced that I found a chip of bone in my vegetable couscous, so sent that back immediately and did not eat that much of the replacement dish.

Still, we all had a good chat over dinner – mostly talking about the adventures we had enjoyed as children, when we were allowed to roam free with minimal parental supervision.  I guess that is a common subject among older people – Caroline had done some research and I was the youngest (if you ignore Ruth).

No response to “Tunisia - 26 September 2010 (4)”

Post a Comment